Following Christ is the second part of the ChristLife evangelization process. It is designed to help people who have completed the Discovering Christ course to grow in friendship and union with God. This course guides people in how to live as a Catholic disciple of Jesus Christ in today’s world based on basic disciplines and truths that have been practiced by Christians from the time of the early Church.
A Typical Session
Each weekly session includes four components: prayer, video teaching, small group discussion, and practical applications.
1. Prayer and Worship
In Following Christ, we go deeper into the experience of communal prayer and worship that was started in Discovering Christ.
2. Video Teaching
The Following Christ provides practical, down-to-earth teaching based on Scripture, Church teaching, and the witness of the speaker’s own journey as a disciple of Christ.
3. Disciple-Making Small Groups
These groups become small Christian communities where weekly spiritual encouragement, accountability, and personal sharing builds bonds as brothers and sisters in Christ.
4. Weekly Practical Applications
Following Christ is about developing the lifestyle of a disciple. Weekly practical application steps challenge us to put our faith into action.
Following Christ Teachings
Following Christ includes ten talks spread out over seven weekly sessions and a day retreat. The topics each week are as follows:
- Introduction and Daily Personal Prayer (Click here to rent)
- Hearing God in Scripture (Click here to rent)
- The Power of the Sacraments (Click here to rent)
- Forgiving One Another (Click here to rent)
- The Spirit-Empowered Life (Click here to rent)
- We Are At War Retreat
- The Heart of a Disciple (Click here to rent)
- Going On with the Lord (Click here to rent)
Each talk is 35 minutes long, except for the final session.