Discovering Christ is a seven-week experience where anyone and everyone, from the baptized in the pews to the unbaptized, is invited to hear the Good News and personally encounter Jesus Christ. Discovering Christ helps people enter into or renew a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, experience the love of God the Father, and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to live as God’s children.
A Typical Session
Discovering Christ consists of seven weekly sessions and a retreat day. The weekly sessions include four components: a meal, prayer time, a video teaching, and small group discussion.
The meal is a time to welcome guests with hospitality, foster relationships, and grow in friendship with one another.
The prayer time consists of singing together a couple of songs that offer the time to the Lord and help everyone become comfortable praying together.
3. Video Teaching
The video sessions proclaim, with beauty and simplicity, the core Gospel message and invite participants to make a personal response to Jesus Christ.
4. Small Group Discussion
The small groups are a place for people to freely share what they think and feel about the topic discussed in the teaching.
“During Discovering Christ I found the answers to the deeper questions I had been asking. I didn't just learn that Jesus loved me and died on the cross for me. I actually experienced that love!”
– JJ Reed
- What Is the Meaning of Life? (View a preview of Talk 1 or Click here to rent)
- Why Does Jesus Matter? (Click here to rent)
- What Does Jesus Want Us To Know? (Click here to rent)
- Why Do We Need a Savior? (Click here to rent)
- Why Is the Resurrection Important? (Click here to rent)
- Who Is the Holy Spirit? (retreat) (Click here to rent)
- The Holy Spirit and You (retreat) (Click here to rent)
- New Life in the Spirit (Click here to rent)
- Our Need for the Church (Click here to rent)
Dave Nodar is the founder and director of ChristLife. For over 40 years he has been a lay leader in renewal and evangelization in the Catholic Church.
Rev. Erik Arnold
Rev. Erik Arnold is a pastor in the Archdiocese of Baltimore and ChristLife's liaison to Archbishop William E. Lori of Baltimore.
For more information on Discovering Christ, please visit our store or contact us.
"Discovering Christ has touched hundreds of lives at St. Martin de Porres since we began the series in 2010, and as a result it has impacted the life of our entire parish. It’s been a springboard for a renewed faith for people in the pews, as well as for many who have been away from the Catholic Church for years."
– Msgr. James Sullivan, St. Martin de Porres, Poughkeepsie, NY